A local group of enthusiastic volunteers will be doing tree planting in Orlando Park. According to the group, these trees will:
- deaden the noise from Heron Road and the soccer fields
- reduce pollutants and dust
- provide homes and food for birds and butterflies
- increase our biodiversity
- cool the area with shade in the summer
Here are more details for the event – volunteers wanted!
We will plant 100 trees between Heron Road and the soccer fields.
When: Saturday October 19, 2013 9am to 1 pm RAIN OR SHINE
Where: Orlando Park, meet at the western end of Wesmar Drive.
Bring: your family, friends and neighbours, and a shovel if you can (some shovels will be available to borrow)
Wear: boots and gloves and weather appropriate clothing
Drinks and snacks provided!
For additional information contact Karen Hawley @ email@example.com or (613) 860-5353